Milagro, means Miracle en English. Through out Latin America, Milagros, are small metal charms representing human anatomical body parts, animals, objects, a person or deity. Milagros are symbols that serve as reminders of a promise made, a prayer for healing or protection, a wish for something wanted or needed, a vow of gratitude for a blessing already received. They are placed on small shrines or a special place where one can spend quiet time in prayer/meditation.
This session will explore the question, 'What is the miracle needed right now?' We will tap into our artistic abilities and create a Milagro to ourselves.
• A piece of aluminum foil if you have it available, or any king of shiny paper (could be from a bag of chips – be creative
• paper, dull pencil (not sharp)
• ink pens or markers
• any type of art materials you have available to decorate your piece.
LET’S MAKE A MILAGRO/CHARM
• You can DRAW YOUR OWN – or - you can use one of the symbols provided at the end of this worksheet. (created by Ofelia)
• Once you have your symbol ready, follow these instructions